Pages

Financial Times - Kodak and Chapter 11

In these posts I have made no secret of my love of film. I am not using analogue as an accessory to help me create a hipster look, I just like it.

While randomly surfing the ‘net this week, I found this clip on YouTube comparing film and digital. I think it was inspired by Kodak filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2012. I remember at the time a lot of people thought this would be the final nail in the coffin for film. Personally, I think this was a case of the media loving a bad news story. The film was published in 2015.

It was refreshing to see a different perspective. It was not a case of why one is better than the other. It was a comparison about their differences and possible futures. There were some interesting interviews as well, who I think all made worthwhile contributions.