Pages

Werner Herzog - Instiller of Enthusiasm

Picture from wernerherzog.com
A few weeks ago I was watching YouTube while contemplating my bowl of corn flakes.

I really dislike the adverts that plague YouTube, but I enjoyed ths one. It featured the director Werner Herzog talking about the Masterclass project. He is not just a director, but that was the role he was performing when I first got to know about him.

We are in a creative world, and it is always nice to see passionate people who are still committed to what they believe in after so many years. I have always like him, and this advert portrayed a warmth and obvious love of his work that I found empowering.

This may have just been for the camera, but it sits very well with the other good impressions that I have of him over the years. Interestingly, it made me want to go out and take pictures that day, which I had not planned to do.

So this is my little online thank you to Werner for keeping the passion alive...